Cathy Toupin, Certified Professional, Neurolinguistic Programmer (NLP) and Neuro-Transformational Coach, explores how to adopt a more positive mindset towards your chronic pain. Discover how to:
- Adopt the mindset that you are not your disease
- Live fully on the good days and guilt-free on the not so good days
- Identify what you actually feel about being ill and how to deal with those feelings
- Find joy in life again
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:03:17 Cathy’s Story
- 00:09:54 1. Your illness or pain is NOT your Identity
- 00:17:48……How our Language can determine our mindset
- 00:24:24……25 Positive Health Affirmations for Well-Being
- 00:25:29……Thoughts make physical changes in the brain
- 00:33:14 2. Language – Wheel of Feelings
- 00:25:24 3. Live fully on good days and guilt-free on bad days
- 00:37:36……Pace yourself. Do only what you can. Celebrate it.
- 00:40:02 4. Find joy in life again!
- 00:42:07……Expressing gratitude
- 00:39:51 In summary
About Cathy Toupin
Cathy Toupin focuses on everyday folks and/or their families who have been diagnosed with chronic illnesses, and teaches them how to manage their thoughts, emotions, and their mindset while navigating through their health challenges.
Cathy lives with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. Her prolonged battle with the physical and emotional pain caused by these diseases and the side effects of medications left her feeling powerless, angry and frustrated. However, realizing that these negative feelings were ruling her life, she decided to shift her mindset to a more constructive viewpoint: she would not allow her illness to define who she is or determine her destiny. Cathy is passionate about working with others who are going through similar struggles with chronic illnesses. To this end, she founded Coach Cathy Toupin, an organization that helps chronic pain sufferers live a full, empowered life.
- Email: Cathy@coachcathytoupin.com
- 25 positive health affirmations
- Unsplash (presentation picture source): unsplash.com
Handout: Cathy Toupin Presentation Handout
Armed with information…