Art therapy gives voice to the parts of us that are most in need of healing.
Heidi Pedersen, Registered Canadian Art Therapist, DKATI, BA Psych, CCPA, CATA explores how chronic pain, anxiety, and loss can be addressed through art therapy techniques with the support of a professional art therapist. How art therapy works, the risks, and the benefits will be explored in this presentation.
- 00:00:00 Previews
- 00:00:28 Introduction
- 00:02:04 Presentation Start – simple art exercise
- 00:03:05 Art Therapy – What is it?
- 00:05:32 How do Art Therapists help with the creative process?
- 00:07:39 Art Therapy and Chronic Pain
- 00:08:54 Rylan’s Story
- 00:15:09 Art Therapy for Supportive Healing
- 00:19:32 Art Therapy Benefits
- 00:23:26 What are Mirror Neurons?
- 00:26:39 Art Therapy examples
- 00:31:24 What does it mean for you?
- 00:34:20 Questions?
- 00:34:22 Another simple art exercise
- 00:34:23 Resources and References
ABOUT HEIDI PEDERSEN:
Heidi Pedersen is a Registered Canadian Art Therapist based in Calgary, Alberta. She has extensive experience working with disabilities and delays, domestic violence, women’s anger and empowerment, neurodivergence, and mental health. Heidi is passionate about using art and creative techniques to support healing, reduce anxiety, and promote overall well-being.
Find Heidi at Https://CourageousArtTherapy.com
Learn more about Art Therapy in Canada at: Https://www.canadianarttherapy.org/
Your Support of Neuropathy Education is Appreciated:
The CNA exists solely because of donations and fundraising. If you are able, any support you can provide is greatly appreciated.
All contributions go towards online and in person meeting expenses, the CNA Website, educational material development and distribution.