What do Detox, Cleansing & Drainage have to do with my Nervous System?
Dr. James Truong of the Alberta Health Institute shares with us the difference is between detox, drainage and cleanse and why is it so important for our body and nerves. Also, learn about when these processes are stuck or not working properly how that can affect the rest of the body namely our nervous system. Dr. James also spoke to the CNA in May of 2021 on Naturopathic Medicine.
NOTE: Unfortunately, the sound quality is only fair, turn on Closed Captioning (CC) at the bottom of the screen to follow along.
- 00:00:00 Previews
- 00:00:37 Speaker introduction
- 00:02:53 What is Disease?
- 00:03:22 What is Homeostasis?
- 00:03:44 Why is that important?
- 00:04:05 How do we help the body stay happy?
- 00:04:24 What is the Difference?: Detox, Drainage, Cleansing
- 00:05:12 Cellular Respiration
- 00:06:03 Toxic Exposure
- 00:07:00 Organs Responsible for Filtration
- 00:07:22 1. Liver
- 00:09:15 2. Kidneys
- 00:10:07 3. Lungs
- 00:10:51 4. Skin
- 00:11:48 Four Stages of Disease
- 00:12:23 1. Elimination
- 00:12:52 2. Inflammation
- 00:13:56 3. Deposition
- 00:15:53 4. Impregnation
- 00:14:44 How does this Relate to my Nervous System?
- 00:17:18 When Filtering Backs Up
- 00:17:39 Detoxification
- 00:20:25 Eliminating
- 00:20:47 Drainage
- 00:23:15 Cleansing
- 00:24:50 Methods to Clean Our Filters
- 00:25:34 1. Hydration
- 00:28:47 2. Nutrients
- 00:32:50 3. Herbs
- 00:34:50 4. Homeopathics
- 00:36:16 5. Acupuncture
- 00:40:09 6. Diet
- 00:42:33 7. Extras
- 00:50:27 Cleanse & Drain the Nervous System/ Q&A
About Dr. James Truong
Dr. James Truong is a naturopathic doctor in Calgary, AB. He graduated from the University of Calgary in 2005 with a Biological Science degree with a minor in Psychology. He then moved on to the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, where he graduated in 2009 and has been practicing since then. Dr. James sat on the Board of the College of Naturopathic Doctors as the Complaints Chair from 2011 – 2015 and currently sits as a member of the Hearing Tribunal. He has helped people with fatigue, pain, hormone imbalances and, of course, neuropathy. He utilizes an assortment of alternative modalities in his treatments to provide the best care to his patients.
Armed with information…