Surviving vs Thriving with Pain, with Claudine Adlington
For some of us, pain is a constant unwanted companion in our journey through life. As individuals living with pain, we have a burden to carry and a responsibility to self-care. It’s a constant balancing act we try to manage in order to be there for our loved ones and live the best version of ourselves. Somedays it’s enough to survive, other days we CAN thrive. This talk will provide ideas and options around how to balance this reality and what can be possible. Claudine will discuss what has been successful for the Alberta Talks Pain community as well as Claudine’s own personal journey with pain.
Alberta Talks Pain is a Certified Pain Advocacy Organization. There are over 800,000 Albertans living with pain, there are family members, friends and allied healthcare providers caring for these individuals. We can work together to build a voice and advocate for change and access where it’s needed most.
Alberta Talks Pain is having discussions at a provincial level about:
- understanding the needs across all pain types,
- making sure there is access for all,
- removing bias and discrimination,
- building appropriate policy,
- supporting our caregivers and patients alike,
- creating care options,
- providing education at all levels,
- addressing and reducing crime and
- understanding regional differences
On-line Registration: This event will be available via zoom meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
In Person Registration
Space is limited. Those wishing to attend the event in person MUST email Linda@CalgaryNeuropathy.com (or call) to prior to May 18th.
In Person attendees are required to:
- – Pre-register with Linda
- – Sign in to the event
- – Wear masks while in NBC
- – Adhere to social distancing
Please Note: there will be no coffee or refreshments, bring your own.
Claudine Adlington, President – Alberta Talks Pain
Claudine is a +20 year professional within the healthcare community. She has worked on the industry side within biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and healthcare supplies as a corporate negotiator and government lobbyist. Claudine’s experience has been global in nature, working across European, US and Canadian healthcare systems. She is a wife, a mother, and a professional, who also lives with chronic pain and is very committed to a better healthcare system focused on access for all and appropriate care.
Webinars are a presentation provided online. Unfortunately they are not fully interactive. You will be able to see and hear the presenter or their screen, but you will not be seen or heard. Note: This meeting will be recorded.
- During the presentation use the Chat box to ask questions or to communicate directly with the administrator. Please be aware we may not able able to address all questions.
- Please keep your questions general, as the speaker cannot address personal health concerns.
- No abuse will be tolerated, anyone being abusive or intolerant will be removed from the webinar.
Support of Neuropathy Education is Appreciated
The CNA exists solely because of donations and fundraising. We do still have association expenses and so, if you are able, any support you can provide is greatly appreciated. Please click: Yes! I want to help make a difference if you can support us in our education and support efforts.