A good night’s sleep is important on so many levels. It is when our bodies repair, when our brain processes the day’s information, how we our replenish energy. When neuropathy is keeping your up at night it seems like nothing is going to help; and the next day is even harder as you trudge through half rested. Getting back to basics like sleep hygiene is important but often not enough to get regular sleep. To get what you need you may need to combine many tips specific to sleep hygiene, pain management and supplements*. If you just can’t find routine that works it may be time to talk to your doctor to see what they can offer.
*Check with your doctor or pharmacist about supplements and your medications.
Having trouble getting to sleep is one of the most common things we are asked for and it’s no wonder why. We should all be aware that sleep is one of the most important things we can do for our physical and emotional health. After all, it is when we sleep that healing takes place.
That’s why we are giving you this collection of sleep tips we’ve picked up over the years. But, it really is more than “tips” since we explain... read more
More CNA Articles
- #14 Fight Pain With Magnesium
- #15 Yoga And Neuropathy
- #24 Get Regular Exercise
- #25 Valerian: A Herb To Help You Sleep
- #26 Foods That Help You Sleep
- #33 Breathing and Your Nervous System
- #40 Qigong: A Therapeutic Tool for Working with Neuropathy
- #41 Keep Hydrated
- #44 Rethinking Self-Talk: Mindfulness
- #45 Relaxation: Beyond a Good Night’s Sleep
- #57 Pain & Sleep-a double edge
- #60 L-Theanine’s relaxing effects
CNA Guest Speaker Videos
When it comes to sleep and chronic pain there is often a vicious cycle in play. As pain intensifies, sleep gets worse, and as sleep gets worse, pain intensifies. Because of its effect on pain intensity, quality sleep is an important factor in pain management. When utilizing a holistic approach to chronic pain care, sleep must be considered.
- Sleep Hygiene and Chronic Pain
- with Courtney Hutchinson, Registered Nurse, mental health advocate, and NLP practitioner
More videos with ideas for sleep…
- Medical Cannabis and Neuropathic Pain with Harvest Medicine Part 1 and Part 2 (notes only)
- with Dr. Olga DeSanctis specializing in Medical Cannabis, MD and Faraz Sachedinam Cannabis Educator
- Pain Management with Donna Piercy Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- with Donna Piercy, psychologist, pain management specialist, chronic pain sufferer
- Dawn Ross: Part 3-Calming the Nervous System & Sleep
- with Dawn Ross of Bit by Bit Bodyworks, Certified Therapeutic Yoga Instructor
Support of Neuropathy Education is Appreciated
If you are able, please help our education resources and programs grow.
Every dollar makes a difference
The CNA exists solely because of donations and fundraising. If you are able, any support you can provide is greatly appreciated. Please use the e-transfer option or click the button above if you can support us in our education and support efforts. All contributions go towards online and in person meeting expenses, the CNA Website, educational material development and distribution.